Gudger & Ferguson

Gudger & Ferguson
Gudger & Ferguson toasting at the first bar

Friday, April 5, 2013

Sunrise in St. Louis with a Cigar

My wife and I are in St. Louis for a couple of days to celebrate three years of being together.  This morning I woke up early from a dream and couldn't get back to sleep.  I usually have the ability to sleep late, but it just wasn't working.  I then recalled a Cigar Aficionado interview with the owner of one of the famous cigar families who said he enjoyed his morning cigar the most.  In the morning, the palate is a blank slate and perfect to enjoy a tasty cigar.



I could hear the ocean like sound of the constant traffic and it was still dark outside.  I decided to read a book until the sun started to reveal itself and illuminate the reflective surface of the arch.  At 6:30 AM I lit my Oliva V Belicoso on the balcony and watched the sun slide up over the horizon.  It was a fantastic forty five minutes of watching the morning greet St. Louis with one of my favorite cigars.  The temperature was only in the upper thirties, though, so it was definitely a crisp period of meditation.


No comments:

Post a Comment