Gudger & Ferguson

Gudger & Ferguson
Gudger & Ferguson toasting at the first bar

Monday, March 18, 2013

St Patrick's Day Dinner

What is best for St. Patrick's day?  Brewing and partying.  This year, however, St. Patrick's day fell on a Sunday and it was raining.  We still had a grand Irish dinner, though!



I would have taken a better picture, but I was salivating at the time and incapable of caring beyond the first shot.  My wife put a corned beef, carrots, potatoes and cabbage in the crock pot and set it to stew all day long.  In the afternoon she baked Irish soda bread to tide us over until dinner.  The brew is a stout which I recently tapped.  Although it sates your appetite it entices you to keep eating, because it is scrumtrilescent (Thank You Will Ferrell).  Holidays are about food and I believe this is a tradition which will remain in our household.  I look forward to preparing brew/food combinations for future holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment