Gudger & Ferguson

Gudger & Ferguson
Gudger & Ferguson toasting at the first bar

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Brewing Calculator

There are other fine brewing calculators on the internet, but this brew calculator is different.  I tried using other calculators, but they weren't exactly what I was looking for.  My brew calculator uses the same calculations and returns the same numbers as other proficient applications, and this one allows for more variation in the characteristics of ingredients and the ability to change all the variables in real time without refreshing. 

If you are new to brewing, I will be adding a How-To Guide in the next couple days.  In the meantime, the caluclator has an Explanation of Terms section and a table of ingredient characteristics to help you work through it.

The calculator is in Microsoft Excel format set for compatibility and I'd be happy to email you either a locked or unlocked version.  Email me at gudgerandferguson@gmail.com.  Below are snapshots of the document.




This document is still in its earliest stages and will be evolving as I continue to explore brewing and you respond with posts as to what you'd like to see or do differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment